1 part therapy + 2 parts wine

Not all it’s cracked up to be

Today was my day off. I had a few things planned.

  • Return some clothes to the mall.
  • Do some supplementary grocery shopping
  • visit my sister and her kids
  • get my weekly breakfasts made
  • take down the Christmas tree I only half put up in December
  • clean my pig sty of an apartment

I did exactly one of those things.

I mostly slept.

I haven’t been getting the best sleep lately. Between my back issues which made it difficult to get comfortable and my general erratic sleep patterns I’ve been tossing and turning and waking up exhausted.

Today I woke up early (at least for a day off) and fiddled around doing a whole lot of nothing. I did however manage to make my breakfast biscuits for the week (and next too). I switched it up a bit this time and made 6 with canadian bacon (200 calories each) and 6 with turkey sausage. I had received my whoopie pie pan (also muffin top pan) last week and this was the first chance to try it out for cooking the egg whites for the sandwiches  It worked perfectly. The eggs were the perfect size for the english muffins!

But pretty much as soon as I was finished with that I took a 4 1/2 hour nap starting at about 11. When I woke up at 3:30 I was of course exhausted and not really in the mood to run a bunch of errands.

I sat around for a while watching old episodes of Fringe and trying to get the energy to do SOMETHING.

A bit ago I decided I could at least take my dog for a walk. So I put my sneakers on, grabbed my phone and headphones, put the leash on Lily and started on a walk.

I had just walked through the stairwell door when my headphones got stuck on the doorknob pulling my phone out of my pocket and sending it careening into the concrete floor where the screen proceeded to shatter into tiny pieces. AWESOME.


Not my phone but pretty much what mine looks like at the moment 😦

I finished taking her on a walk anyway and let her run around the dog park for a while too. So she’s nice and happy and I’m bummed and still incredibly sleepy.

Of course I’m sure that as soon as I try to lay down to go to sleep tonight I’ll be wide awake until 4am.

Yup, this day was definitely not one of my bests. Hope you all fared better than my poor phone.


Single Post Navigation

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: